Will this be just another blog?

The answer to that question is "No way, Jose!" My goal is to make you laugh and hopefully you will accidently click on one of my cards and buy it (Right now, I'm holding up a pocket watch and swaying it back & forth as I'm trying to hypnotize you, "You're getting sleepy"). This is where I will chat about just anything I feel like, while promoting my goods! Hey Guys, not those goods!! Keep your pants on!

Just a few of my Goods! I think I heard one of my cards say, "Take me home!"

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Are you there God? It's me, Margaret. Actually it's me, Almay!

When I headed into my office this morning, I was greeted by grey skies, a force of wind, and a lot of white stuff dropping to the ground. All I could do was look up at the sky and ask, "Why?" There was a moment when the clouds started to dance and a glimmer of light found it's way to earth. Just moments before the clouds closed in again, I grabbed my camera to take this quick shot outside my office window. When I downloaded the picture, I was reminded of Judy Blume's book, "Are you there God, It's me Margaret." If you've read this great hilarious book about adolescence, the only difference between me and Margaret is that I'm not looking for answers in my training bra! I've come a long way Baby, from my size A cup days (not by much though!)

The way the sky was changing today, which is the last day of 2008 tells me that despite the housing issues, job losses, and slowing economy that there is still light behind those ugly grey clouds. I'm almost sure some of these forced situations have helped you learn more about yourself and how much we can all shine! I know it has for me!

"Are you there God? It's me, Almay! I want to thank you for a year filled with losses and surprises! I'm so glad that you gave me an opportunity to find my creative outlet which has allowed me to make new friends and reconnect with others! Thank you for the engineering projects you gave me this year that has paid for my love of paper supplies! Thank you for my trip overseas to see my grandfather before he left this earth to be with you. Since he loved journaling as I'm doing here, I thank you for giving him that gift which he then passed on to me. As oddly as this may sound, thank you for placing me in situations where all I can do is laugh and blog about it! A big fat thank you for blessing me with the best family and friends I could ask for! Most of all, thank you for being a listening ear when I'm babbling away."


4 comments:

  1. Sweet post. It's nice to reflect on what we have to be grateful for! Happy new year to you, too.

    Sarah / Tea For Bini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think even with all my recent changes I am thankful for the little things like my health, family, and my little Sassy Sasha dachshund that brings a smile to my face every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post.
    I bought "Are you there God? It's me Margaret" for my 11 year old daughters this year. I must have read that 3 times back when I was crossing my fingers waiting for my you-know-what in the 8th grade! Great memories, timeless book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and what a great book to reference! Lovely blog you have here!
    ~Connie (from Etsy)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails